27 August 2009

I think so...

Just did a 90 minute spin with Doog...felt okay...I guess I'm a ready as I'm gonna get for the State RR. We did stop by the Old Columbia Speedway though...it's well on it's way to a proper restoration. The track itself is in horrible dis-repair, but the grounds are looking good. Can't wait until it's open and operating again.

I was going to post a mini-rant about the furor that is surrounding the death of Ted Kennedy, but my boy Hoovis beat me to it. I couldn't have said it better myself...

And I know there's a lot of vitriol towards Lance, but really, STFU! So what if he got some help to up the pace in the beginning of Leadville? The other top contenders got to use the same help. So what if he used sponsor clout to get some of his homies into the race? People are bitching that they missed out on the lottery and are aiming their collective spew at Lance. Do the math here people! Who is going to bring more $ and exposure to Leadville, and endurance mountain bike racing in general...Lance, or some weekend warrior from Flagstaff? Did the guy who missed the lottery have a chance of clicking off a top 10, or even breaking 10 hours?
Face it people, he still won the Leadville 100 by 30 minutes!!! He rode away from Wiens @ the 35 mile point and SOLOED for 65 miles!!!! I don't care who you are, nor what you think. That is fucking BIG RING, period!!


Time to sit around and rest until Saturday...

No comments: