06 March 2008

Off the bike...again!

Well, according to X-rays, my skeletal issues have been resolved. Now, all of my soreness and stiffness is muscular. It seems that I compensated for the back issues by using my hips and legs. My hip flexors, glutes and quads are achy and stiff. I feel like I have two pull groin injuries. Riding wasn't exactly helping the situation, so I'm off the bike again for a week or so.
No biggie though. The Ridley is disabled anyway and I won't be able to get to it until next week. The ugly sounds I heard on Sunday were, in fact, coming from the BB. I pulled everything apart and voila...! The driveside bearing in my high dollar ceramic BB were a bit rough, but the left side felt like someone poured kosher salt in it. I pulled the seals and the bearings inside were virtually dry. I fired off a note to the guys at Superfly and to their credit, they are replacing it! They even went so far as to hand pack it with the heavier grade ceramic Krytox grease, like they do for the pro dogs. Astana is riding Superfly bearings in their BBs and wheels this season, FWIW...
It's supposed to be here tomorrow, which is fine and well, but I'll be in Hotlanta until late Saturday night.

The crit is starting back up shortly. The first official date is April 8th @ 6:30. The time change means nothing in this case. Even with the time change, it will be too dark to run a full race and have those who rode to the course get home before it's pitch black. Safety is the utmost concern here people. The first Tuesday in April has been the start date since the beginning and will remian that way. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to email me or leave comments here...

No comments: