23 March 2008

3 days in a row?

Crazytime around here...
I did the Thursday ride, as covered previously, and didn't feel altogether bad. Friday afternoon, Doogie and I met at 3 to do a spin ride. We rode, but it wasn't a spin ride. The wind decided it wanted to be a headwind in every direction we chose to turn. I ended up with another 60km in 2:15 and was way too tired when I got home to call it an 'easy spin'.
The normal group met at 9 on Saturday morning and did another windy loop down through Eastover. We started with a solid 10, which got whittled to 8 when Mrs, Der Kaiser and Corbett turned to do a loop. I think they both had people coming into town...or something.
It ended up being a nice tempo ride, albeit windy yet again. The sun ended up poking through the clouds enough to put a tiny bit of color on my otherwise pasty limbs. I ended with 90km in under three hours.
Considering the fact that I've taken the better part of 6 weeks off the bike due to injury, I didn't feel bad linking those days together. The only thing that really hurt was my tender bits. They just need to toughen back up.
The plan was to ride today (Sunday), but the H.O. decided that I need to go to her family Easter happening. Oh joy! I was planning to stay home and have a day to myself, but in the interest of domestic tranquility, I'm tagging along.

No comments: