14 March 2008

Doug, Doug, Doug...(shaking head)

So I'm in Target this morning, doing my bi-monthly child supply run, and my phone rings. I see that it's Doug's number, which I find odd, since it's Friday morning. I answer and we exchange pleasantries.
Here's the rest of the conversation...
D: Hey man, are you riding this morning? Is there some secret ride no one told me about?
M: No, but I'll be out tomorrow morning for the group ride.
D: Was today's ride cancelled?
M: What ride today?
D: The 9 o'clock group ride
M: Um, dude, it's only Friday...
D: Oh, that could be the problem...
We exchange goodbyes and I wander through Target thinking that a whole lot of people are going to be unhappy with their audits this tax season (Doug's a bean-counter)...
Nutty, I tell ya, nutty...

I got the Ridley back together, save for the white hoods. I didn't feel like undoing the cables and housings. I'm pretty anti-Campagnolo, but it's would be much easier to replace the hoods if I was riding Record stuff. I am batting around the idea of retiring the Dura-Ace at the end of the season and putting SRAM Red on the Ridley...swank! We'll see what the new D/A looks like first...
See you guys in the morning (Saturday...Doug!) @ the gate. 9a.m.

No comments: