16 March 2008

First weekend in a while

Well, I got back on the bike yesterday. I met up with the normal group for the 9 o'clock ride. We did the usual Lower Richland out through Eastover loop.
I felt good on the bike, for once. No back pain, no aches, no radiating leg pain. I could tell that I'd been injured and that I've lost a great deal of high intensity fitness, but the action of turning the pedals felt good. It did feel a bit foreign for the first hour, but it fell back into place.
I probably rode a bit harder than I should have yesterday, but one has to swim following the jump into the deeper end of the pond. I can ride 30-35kmh all day. It was when the pace wicked up to 45kmh that I saw my lack of fitness.
I ended up with 90km and 2:45 on the bike.
Doogie and I met this morning for a 2 hour spin through the flats. I felt really good...surprisingly good, until we turned to come home. The good feelings on the way out were thanks to a stiff tailwind. The last 45 minutes of the ride were a headwind slog. It was pretty damn windy out in the country this morning. Another 60km and 2 hours on the bike.
Not a bad weekend for the first one back on the bike.
The ceramic BB is working properly, the ceramic bearings in the ROL wheels are smooth and I raised the saddle by 2.5mm. Everything was as it should be this weekend...

No comments: