20 March 2008

Drano ride

Tonight was my first Thursday ride of the year and it was definitely harder than I've gone for a very long time. It wasn't a ball-buster, like they are in the middle of June, but for my out-of-shape ass, it brought me to the entrance of the Pain Cave(tm).
We went out through the Fort a bit quicker than usual and then headed out to the flats. Everything was hunky-dory until about 1/2 down Airbase. I pulled through and the line got fouled up. Somehow, Nick pulled through again...hard, and caused Trez to let a gap open. Instead of trying to close it (20 meters at this point), he says, "Go ahead", as if he was being so kind as to let me in. Thanks Jub-Jub, but I just took a pull at 40kmh into a stiff headwind! Gap closing just isn't in the repetoire right now. Give me a few solid weeks of training and then I'll think about it. NewGuyRob and I got gapped out and chased for the remainder of Airbase.
We all stayed together for the remainder fo the ride. As for the Drano in the title...my pipes got cleaned out tonight!
Rumor has it that one of the shops in town is offering to give Casey a bike...bad idea Casey. Nothing comes for free, especially from those guys. There's always a caveat and it's always after the fact.
Ride @ 3pm tomorrow from the Gate...The H.O. has the day off, can you believe it?

No comments: