14 December 2007

Urban

Doogie and I met early yesterday and did an urban assault/cyclocross loop. It was nice to be able to to the majority of the ride in the daylight. #1 got a pass to stay home yesterday, so the H.O. bailed out of work a bit early to spend some QT with the management trainees.
My day started with a trip to the zoo. #1 loves the zoo and yesterday was a perfect day for it. It was about 70 degrees and the place was empty. The animals were all very active as well. We were there in the late morning through lunchtime. I guess lunchtime crosses species. It was good fun and I got some great pics with the new camera and the long lens.
As for the ride, we did the normal downtown loop and then went across the canal to check out some trails. They went directly downhill into a swamp...great. We rode out, did a loop of the cemetary and then made our way back through downtown and campus. I ended up with right at two hours on the bike, but had very tired legs. Walking around the zoo with a two year old and pushing an 8 month old is work.
The H.O.'s Christmas part is tonight...oh joy! I usually work another Christmas party, but we couldn't come to an agreement on my renumeration. I've worked that party for 6 years, know all of the people and they wouldn't meet my demands for salary. Have fun with the stiffs you hired...!
Anyway, the ceramic pulleys came in and need to be installed. I don't know if I'll get to it today or not. Hopefully, #2 will nap and I can swoop down to The ManHole(tm) to slap them on the bike.
I'm thinking of selling my PowerTap too, if anyone is interested...

See you guys in the morning...

No comments: