21 December 2007

Everyone sing...

...Downtown...

Another downtown Hour of Power (tm) ride went off for me last night. I did more of a 90 minutes of power ride though. After almost dying immediately after I left the house (asshole in a pickup), I made my way to CC to fix my front brake cable. When the aforementioned hillbilly decided to turn directly in front of me, I nailed the brakes so hard that the front cable popped. Time for new brake cables...The Salsa needs all new cables and housing anyway!
Once I got going again, the ride was pretty uneventful. The Greenway was empty, which is a bit shocking considering it was 60 yesterday.
I rode up through the Vista and onto campus. I hit every parking garage on campus. It's amazing how spacious the new garages are and how truly claustrophobia inducing the old garages can be. Anyway, they were all mostly empty, so they were used for some good power training.
After the last garage, I rode the path up past Bates House (memories), through Shandon and home.
Il Professore came over to settle his debt. About time too...! I was about to send some dudes with no necks or senses of humor to his house to get my money.
The wrapping of Christmas gifts starts tonight. Oh joy...

See you guys in the morning...and don't call me to see if I'm riding. If it's not raining and/or 28 degrees, you can pretty much count on it.

No comments: