09 December 2007

I Heart Global Warming...

Saturday started out as a cloudy day, but the temperature made up for it. The group was pretty good sized, even though a few were nursing the effects of too much alcohol consumption. We headed out and did the regular Thursday loop, but included a loop that lead to Zeigler and on to the GMart. The group stayed together and we rode piano for the entire ride, which was a welcome change from last weekend.
A) I didn't feel like entering the Pain Cave (tm)
and
B)I was as flat as flat could get..
...dead legs, no HR, not a lot of motivation. I took my pulls, begrudgingly, and listened to music.
It was a bit shorter than usual as well, which was fine, as I promised #1 that we'd go to Winnsboro and ride the Santa Train. Let's just say, it was a huge hit! Then the Company went to the BlueHairs house and I installed the new HDTV setup.
I was TIRED when my head hit the pillow last night...

This morning, Doogie and I did an urban assault ride. We rode EASY and I flatted twice. I think there's something wrong with the wheel I threw on the bike. EVERY time I ride that wheel on the back, no matter what the tire or bike, I get a flat. The second flat came about a mile from the house, so I rode the bitch home. I was well within the 2km rule. I didn't even bother to fix it...
The Company loaded up again and went in search of a Christmas tree, to no avail. With the way the H.O. pinches pennies, you'd think she'd be celebrating the Festival of Lights. $50+ is way too much to spend for a 4 foot tall tree though...
With the failure of the tree search, we went to Ritz Camera and bought a digital SLR. The film camera is in for repair and we needed a camera, so why not a 10.1mp Canon?
I decorated the house when we got home and now, I sit here and punch out this entry...

I'm tired. I need Monday to come around so I can get some freaking rest....

No comments: