23 December 2007

bad, just bad...

A very small group showed yesterday for the 9 a.m. ride. I knew I was in trouble the moment I clipped in and rode out of the yard. Thankfully, the the ride wasn't a blood-letting, but I felt like shit nonetheless.
I've been fighting yet another headcold...thanks to #1 and the other little walking petri dishes in his pre-school class. As the ride progressed, the drainage down my throat reached my stomach and made me feel, let's say, not so good. I couldn't eat or drink, as that just upset it more, so a borderline bonk was the theme of the day.
We did the Eastover loop and ended up with 55 miles and just a tick over three hours on the bike. I knew the second half of the ride was really going to suck when I could do nothing more than sit in while going down Chaingang. The one place where I can usually open up and be a bit aggressive and I was hanging by a thread @ 28mph. From the GMart, we rode home piano, thankfully.
I got home, showered and loaded up the van with the spoils of Christmas. It was pure American consumerism run amok. #1 and I went to the Bluehairs to deliver the booty.
I developed a nasty headache/migraine while out there. I took some OTC pain meds, but that's like pee-peeing on a forest fire. When I got home, I ingested a Vicodin and a cyclobenzaprine. They knocked it out, but I didn't sleep well and I got up this morning in a bit of a drug-induced fog.
I really wanted to ride, but the combo of the rain, wind and the best the pharma companies could offer threw a spanner in the works. It's okay though, the H.O. is off tomorrow, so I'll be out in the morning.

No comments: