15 December 2007

Good Saturday

Low clouds and much cooler temps got the day started. After an unseasonal week of 70 degree temps, 52 degrees felt like absolute zero when I stepped outside this morning. The air was thick was moisture too. You felt it, but it was easier to breathe than the normal winter air.

The group was good sized and few pipe hitters were in attendance. The group rode piano for the first half of the ride. As usual, once we got to Chaingang, the pace quickened. RW took off and LL went with him. I let a gap go a bit and then chased across. The group of 10 quickly became a group of 6 over the bump. The remaining half dozen ran into Eastover at 50kph. I took a good dig about a click from the town limit sign and then sat up.

From Eastover to the GMart, we rode somewhere between piano and tempo...mostly tempo. Rain was threatening, so the stop at the store was just enough for a break naturel and a Lipton tea. From the store to Pineview was again, a nice tempo. From Pineview to Shop was quick and the pace went up again once the turn was made. RW punched it wide around the turn and attacked. Reed and I chased a bit, but the gap didn't come down until Der Kaiser hit the front. The four of us joined up and made the run across the bridge. I led it out to the sprint @ 50kmh into the headwind. RW said he was tired, but jumped around to take the bridge.

All in all it was a great ride and perfect training. I got 3:05 on the bike and right at 90km.


I installed the ceramic pulleys. I don't know if they are any faster, but they are definitely smoother and the shifting was much crisper. I was shocked how worn the old pulleys were when I pulled them off. They look damn cool too!!! I bought red pulleys, on the advice of our resident style guru, Il Professore. I had to be sure that the BB and the pulleys matched. I know a bicycle is just a tool, but no one said it can't be a stylish tool.

This is as far as the red goes though...I will not become an OCP!

No comments: