24 December 2007

Christmas Eve

I felt marginally better this morning, so I did what any other self-respecting cyclist would do...I got dressed and rode for two hours.
I hit the HoP(tm) loop down by the river, hit all of the trails and then did my standing climb up Gervais Street. I felt horrible when I left the house, but the ride forced out a lot of the bad stuff, so I extended my morning adventure and included another run through downtown and all of the parking garages on campus. It was idyllic outside this morning, so I felt a bit guilty about only riding for two hours. Christmas duties call, and like the guys at NORAD, I have to answer.

I feel 100% better after the riding. It's funny how a quick spin on a bike makes you feel a little more centered.

The animals (no, not the kids) are getting bathed in about 10 minutes. Oh, how they love the tub. They need it though and I refuse to take stank dogs to my mother's house for Christmas.

Chip and I are heading to FATS on Thursday morning for a 3+ hour mountain ride. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email or comment on here. It's about 25 miles of blisteringly fast singletrack. Nothing too terribly difficult...

Anyway, peace and love...Merry Christmas!

No comments: