16 September 2007

Weekend update

First, let's just jump into the big news...Corbett is stepping down as the DS of Team HealthNet...




Great, now he can ride more and get fit, and we'll have another dude to chase around! Thanks Jeff, thanks a whole bunch!!


Saturday, the overwhelming majority of the group went to do Caesars Head and was, evidently, punished summarily by Der Kaiser. Seeing as I have parental responsiblities, I was here and showed for the normal 8 a.m. ride. A grand total of 4 folks showed and we headed out for the short Eastover loop. I can tell that I'm still suffering some effects of this flipping cold. I rode well, but felt very flat and was producing serious amounts of "head fluid"!

We ended with 55-ish and 3 hours on the bike.


Sunday, I took advantage of the fact that #1 was at the Gray Hair Spa, and slept until 7:30. I know it doesn't sound like sleeping in, but when you usually catch a 2 year old finger in the face @ 6 a.m., 90 extra minutes of shut eye is like gold.

I got on the new 29er @ 8:30 and did 2 hours on the Palmetto Trail. I've decided that a 29er MTB is the way to go for me. It's more comfortable, rides better and fits my body-type better than a 26 inch wheel bike.

Today was a shakedown run, so I didn't push all that hard. I figured out that I must have a googly eye or something, because the stem was WAAAAY crooked. The other discovery had to do with air pressures. I needed more in the fork and less in the tires. Overall though, it's a damn nice bike and you really can't beat it for the money...(it was inexpensive (not cheap))!!


Monday means back to parental duties, so I'll see you guys at the TNCWC...

No comments: