13 September 2007

Darkness falls...

Man, the days are getting SHORT. That, coupled with the Pacific Northwest overcast that hung around all day, darkness came around 7:30 tonight. The ride was pretty thin as well. Only 10 of us rolled out. We all made it throught the Fort and down Harmon together. We got split by the light and once the second half rolled through, Il Professore came up with a crevasion. He decided to sacrifice himself and told us to go on. Beano got that word and nailed it down the hill. A nice 60kph chase ensued and we brought him back in short order. It was then that I came to the realization that I'm still a bit on the sickly side. I felt like I was breathing through a bendy straw, and that's a killer at 45kmh.
We went across Mineraville, turned on Cabin Creek and then took the left on MLK. Dusk was rolling in quickly, so we went straight through to 378 and Pineview. A RCSO officer came through the intersection with lights and sirens and split the group again. Some waited for him to clear us...and some didn't...! Thankfully, Big Charles R. (BCR) was in the 2nd group. I took a long 45kph pull and then he came around me at 50kph. That guy is a GD horse.
The run to the bridge on Shop was quick. Francisco and CC Mark diced it for the sprint. I was breathing like an asthmatic at this point so I sat down and just rolled to the line.

Overall, I'm glad I got on the bike, as it helped rid me of copious amounts of the bad stuff that's been in my head and chest for the last 5 days. My legs felt fine until the sprint. I'll be fine and back to form in a week or so. Everyone is going to the mountains this weekend, so the Saturday ride may be a bit anorexic. I call around to see who's planning on riding...

My new bike will be here tomorrow... :) I'll post pics once it's done...which will be tomorrow night...

No comments: