29 February 2016

It has begun...

Classics season, that is...
Het Volk, er...Her Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne were last weekend.
I got up to ride Saturday, but couldn't tear myself away from the TV. That's right, I said TV.
I finally got the house network working properly, so I could watch Sporza on the 55. It was fairly brilliant.
Screw all that hunching over the laptop crap.
Here's the last 70km of the race :


Sunday, the weather perfect, so I mounted the Ridley, and met The Heathens for a ride to Swansea.
The knee felt really good. No pain whatsoever.
On the way back though, my lack of fitness reared it's ugly head.
Once on 12th St., my legs clocked out for the day, and I let the group go. I rolled home from Amazon at a blistering 25kmh. Still faster than some who have been "training" all Winter, but I digress...
No bonk, no coming apart...just a simple lack of fitness and power.
When the fact that I haven't ridden 80km since November is taken into account, I'll take it. Still knocked down the whole loop in right at three hours.
The knee feels good today. Looks like it's time to start rebuilding...
See you on The PowerStation Tuesday morning...

I did miss KBK. I'll watch it today.
Here's the video...


Things of interest:
Yeah...Belgian blue Ridley...
Speaking of blue, the guys at Saffron know their way around it too...
Oh...my...
NAHBS was last weekend. Eriksen won the award for best welds...again...
 Internal hydraulic line...
A row of dimes you say??
They should just re-name it "The Eriksen Award"
And "handbuilt" can be carbon too...
This Sarto track bike gives me a warm, funny...

Just FYI, my birthday is coming up in about 6 weeks...
I'll gladly accept one of the following...
 or
or even...
You have 6 weeks...make it happen!!

Happy Leap Day. It would figure that it's a Monday this time around!
Gotta jet and get The Duke to school, and hit Lowe's for some Service Course supplies.
Be good. And if you cannot, be careful.

No comments: