15 February 2016

Almost there...

Another weekend on the trainer. So ends the 4th week back on the bike. Same schedule for this week, but upping the time to a full hour. Then...outside...
WHAAAAAAT?
As it's supposed to be warmer this coming weekend, venturing outside is in the cards.
ANNNND I got the Ridley finished. I mentioned my dumbassery in throwing away the BB cable guide.
In it's stead, I ordered a Cannondale guide that fits an EVO carbon bike.
A little 80 grit sandpaper, and it fits the Noah just fine. It's called 'mechanicing'.


Not quite sure about the gray tape, but I bought it, I own it, and it's on there now, so....
Next time, I have an idea for a Belgian flag theme. Pretty sure it'll work...or look like dogmeat. Either way...
It's still wearing the 10v stuff...for the next couple of months. Knee surgery exhausted my 'special squirrel' savings.
It'll have 11v on it before Summer starts...

Middelkerke showed what a heavy, muddy, slick CX race looks like.
Oh, and watch the beginning...right side of the screen...about 4-5 seconds in. That's what a broken chain under power looks like...


If you're into such things, here's a FULL descent of Pikes Peak on a road bike.


Mike Cotty, and the guys at Col Collective do some really good videos. Pikes Peak is becoming a 'need to do before I die' sort of thing. There's a "Gran Fondo" ride in August. 12.5 miles...4700+ feet of climbing...between 7800 and 14,000 feet. Sounds like big fun.

When you need to motorpace, but can't find a babysitter. (H/T to INRNG & Cor Vos)

Happy Monday! Stay inside. It's crappy out there, and only going to get crappier in the next 24ish hours.



No comments: