05 February 2016

Moving along...and a sad goodbye...

So my progress seems to be...well...progressing. I'm up to 45 minutes on the turbo. No pain at all. Plenty of muscle weakness, but zero discomfort.
That's not completely true. My taint is still unhappy with being thrown right back into the mix after almost 3 months off. Thanks be to Dog for Mad Alchemy chamois cream.
The Classics DVDs have been keeping me company. Sad that World Cycling Productions went belly-up.

The Noah is nearly done too. Paint is finished, and all parts have been hung. Just waiting on the brake cable/housing kit to hit the door. Still need to figure out bar tape...
A photo posted by MM (@mminsc) on



White doesn't look right, and black might make it TOO dark. Thoughts are gray, but dark gray to match the frame, or light gray to match the accents. I found some Belgian flag tape, but I'll be damned if I spend $45 on bar tape. And I'll be double damned if I give that money to Mike Sinyard's kid.
Once the bike is finished, I'll post some better pictures. There are few little details that aren't shown in that Instagram shot.

And the goodbye...
Dave Mirra, BMX/Triathlon/RAAM legend decided that the demons in his head were too much, and ended his own life yesterday in Greenville, NC. He was 41. Married. Two kids.


No reason was given, and it's really hard to wrap the old noggin around this one. The guy was rich, popular, had a great wife and beautiful daughters, and was super nice/down to Earth. Hell, with all of his money and fame, he lived in Greenville, NC!!
Dave pretty much had it all...
One's mind grasps for possible reasons. The thought I can't get out of my mind is that Dave was suffering from CTE. Pretty sure he took more than a few head knocks while perfecting his tricks.
Either way, what Dave decided to do was just NOT the answer...never is...for anyone.
If any of you ever get to the point in your lives that harming yourself becomes a viable option, wait. Wait, step back, assess and CALL SOMEONE. Hell...call me!!
Or hit up the  National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, call 1-800-273-TALK. 
There are people that can help!!

Did I know Dave? Nope. But I have several friends who did, and a few who knew him well. These are the people who suffer...family and friends.
I don't care who you pray to, or even if you pray, but spare a thought for Dave, his wife and kids, and his friends today.


Have a good weekend. Hug your family.

No comments: