25 August 2015

Ain't it always the way...

After last Tuesday's swim, er...I mean ride, I really didn't feel like getting wet again on Wednesday. Skies were sort of threatening, and it drizzled early, but knowing I couldn't ride Thursday due to family commitments, I went out anyway.
The thought was to join the OSB ride, but I guess they're all made of sugar, as the mere chance of rain scared everyone off.
I did the HoP, and went home. Not a drop of rain fell...
No ridey for the rest of the week...

Saturday, most of our little band headed to Clinton for The Flight of The Dove.
Great ride, great support, great cause.
Getting up at 5am really sucks though. 
Got there, kitted up, and rolled at 8. Deciding not to get caught in the mayhem, we let the front group roll away. After a few miles, certain chaff had been dropped, and three or four little groups came together to form a nice second bunch.
We rolled together at 35-40kmh for a long while.
Before the left turn to head into Cross Anchor, a tacit agreement had been made to make a quick stop at RS #3, right around the 65km mark. A few of us rolled to the back, and started to slow. About that time, the guys who were on the front decided to ignore the agreement, and rolled past the RS at high speed. 
Oh well...see ya later.
Doug and I stopped, filled bottles, and rolled the remainder of the 101km together. 
Gotta say...it was a good ride. Much better than last year, when I came apart in a fairly spectacular fashion.
3 hours. Easy peasy.
I did a quick change, jumped in The Beast, and was home by 12:30.
Then I got the privilege of listening to my In-Laws yammer for the rest of the afternoon. Should have just driven past the house...

Spun for a bit Sunday. #2 wanted to go, so we hit the dirt road for nearly 90 minutes. He hung in. No whinging at all. That being said, he DID hit the rack, of his own volition, at 7:30 that night. 

All of the MTs went to school yesterday (finally) so I hit the PowerStation. Felt REALLY good. Just sort of stomped the pedals. This is where things went downhill...
About 3pm, I started to feel like shit. Full head. Ripping headache. Hello end of Summer sinus infection...nice of you to join us. MFer....
No sleep last night. Head feels like a football. I feel rough...
A few good rides, some good feelings in the legs...and this...
The Neti Pot and I have become very close since yesterday afternoon...

No ridey tonight...
I might be out Thursday. Definitely by the weekend...

Nibali getting the stickiest bottle EVER.


He got tossed from the Vuelta for it. His team's response? "Show me an honest rider..."
Seriously...GFY Astana.

And you want some argy-bargy?


And you thought Cat 3 crits were crazy....

I need to go lay down...
Happy Tuesday...I'll be under the couch...

No comments: