06 July 2015

Long Weekend

Friday was a day off for most. Not me...
Instead of riding, I played the part of loving son, and pressure washed my mother's house. Whoever invented vinyl siding should have their man parts removed. Worst shit ever.
After a morning of gunning a year's worth of crud off the house, my hands, arms and back were shredded. I felt like I had lobster claws.
I'd planned on riding Friday afternoon. I took a nap instead. Then we rolled out to LexCo for the Blowfish game, and some fireworks. The attendance, and enthusiasm was great. The new baseball facility is great. Further proving the theory that the new baseball stadium in Columbia will be a rousing failure. People out there won't drive into Columbia. There's just no need. They can watch good baseball, at a nice park, close to home.
But I digress...
The kids were at the Lexington office for the weekend, so I slept in Saturday. Up at 8:30am. Sure, why not...
A little brekkie, then on the CX bike. 2.5 hours. 70km. 5 sections of dirt.
All of the dirt was HEAVY. Not surprising, as it rained about 2 hours before I left. There's yet another tree down on the PowerStation. I'll clear it next time I'm out there.
Mike and I met yesterday for an easy ride around the T/Th Loop. It was quite nice. A little sunshine, one little section of go-fast, and coming home through W. Cola. Another 65km.
AND the Ridley got the call. Second ride on it in the past month. Felt weird at first. Geometry and all that...
The Boss took the kids to do something with her idiot parents, so I had the afternoon to myself.
I watched the Tour, took a nap, fiddled with the road bike, and made shrimp and grits for dinner. Pretty solid day.

Speaking of the Tour...
There was a lot of banter about Cav losing yesterday. People saying he sat up, or quit. Nope! He got BEAT. Period.


Then, as usual, Cav had a sook, and basically said that if one hasn't raced as a pro, one is an imbecile. And he wonders why people think he's such a wanker.

More important than that, Sagan flatted at 12km to go, got a new bike, and chased back on. #Horse. And Cancellara hit 69kmh in the sprint. But everyone is worried about baby Cav...
Greipel won, and got a special green Ridley....
Yes please! I'll need a medium.

Speaking of Fabi...
Jered Gruber took this photo of him after the prologue. Brilliant.

Gotta go. The Tour is on, and they're finishing on the Mur de Huy today. See ya...








No comments: