13 July 2015

1000+ miles

So yeah...I rode 1000+ miles last weekend. Most of it on I-77.
A trip to Ohio and back in less than 50 hours. Yeah...not big fun.
And a note to Chevrolet : The driving position in the Traverse crossover sucks. One sits crooked in the driver's seat. And speaking of the seat, it's a flat, completely non-supportive piece of foam. NO support...ANYWHERE. Obviously built by accountants, not engineers.
But I digress...

Decent ride Thursday, even though it was hot-ish. As I hadn't packed a single thing for our blast to Ohio and back, I rode out with the group on the CX bike, hit the dirt, and came back up through downtown. Nice little spin.
No ridey over the weekend, though the roads in Eastern Ohio, both dirt and paved, would be fairly brilliant to ride on. One would get strong like BULL riding them on a daily basis. There are enough flat sections to roll some speed work for the legs, and plenty of ugly climbs to break them.
And dirt/gravel roads?
I won't mention that the HIGH on Saturday was 82. It was a balmy 61 when I woke up yesterday. Those temps will be seen again here in October...maybe...

BIKE STUFF:

Can someone tell Ochowicw to STFU? He said that the Pro-Conti teams aren't good enough to ride the Tour, and their equipment is second rate.
Really?
I'd ride MTN-Quebeka's Cervelo before I ever thought of throwing a leg over a BMC.
Should we remind him of the little team of crumb-bums that got into the Tour years ago?
Nice mom-jeans Jim...

And this is among the myriad reason Sagan is good for cycling...

And Greipel knows how to do rest day...
Segway-pacing...

Not much else for today. About to get on the floor and see if I can mitigate some of the damage inflicted by Chevrolet...

No comments: