29 June 2015

Juan Solo

I've decided that weekend rides will be solo affairs from here on out. I can get out, get my ride done...whatever the plan, and be done. No having to worry about what anyone else is doing.
This was the exact outcome of the weekend, and both rides were pretty damn great.
Saturday - 2.5 hours on the CX bike. Two big loops around The PowerStation, the one through the North side. Two loops around the dirt you ask? Well...
Certain things in life one just doesn't mess with, as one will always lose. Trains are high on this list...
Weather was warm, but pretty damn perfect.
I did get yelled at on Gervais.
Some jackhole yelled at me from his car. Evidently, even with the width of the street, and the smooth flowing traffic, I was "holding him up".
I caught, and passed his car at every light.
At the intersection of Harden and Devine, I caught him again. I looked over, and waved. He said something unintelligible, but I'm sure smart and topical.
I told him he should get a bike, as it was just as fast to get across town, and he'd be less of a fat ass.
His wife laughed. I win.
Sunday was a bit of the same, but it was far cooler outside. Cloudy and a few sprinkles of rain. I felt pretty okay, so I did a little effort.
The PowerStation was heavy from the storms on Saturday night, but the effort was there.
And you're welcome everyone. The storms blew down a couple of big trees. I cleared a path through both. Enjoy.
Welcome to the Jungle.
I've GOT to stop watching that "Finding Bigfoot" show. My inner 8 year old was fucking with me.

As discussed earlier, the quest for a new bike has begun. I love my Salsa. It's ten years old, has been refinished multiple times, but is always ready for whatever I throw at it. Upon seeing two of Salsa's offerings for 2016, I am intrigued...
The Cutthroat
It's meant as more of a loaded.touring/adventure rig. The geometry is suspension corrected. Probably be pretty cool with a Lefty on it...
The Warbird
More my speed. I could probably even live with the SRAM stuff, as the hydro levers are big enough for my meathooks. Needs a double crank though...
Was also offered a pretty silly deal on a Santa Cruz Stigmata...
Of the three though, the Warbird speaks to me...

The Tour starts this week, and in his quest to be the most boring white man on the planet, Vaughters introduced Garmin's new jersey.
I suddenly feel the urge to put on some plus fours, and go hit a bucket of balls. Maybe cycling IS the new golf...
And when people bitch that we don't ride in the bike lane, show them this picture.

Ok...have a productive Monday.......
Watch these first...












No comments: