15 June 2015

Wait...I forgot...

Sorry...lots going on around here...no post late last week. I'm sure you were all crestfallen...

Thursday ride Bullet points :
-Group separated at the FIRST light.
-We rolled SLOWLY, and waited. They caught...eventually.
-I had a pressure regulation issue. Changed it quickly. Half the group, including a few we waited on, decided NOT to wait.
-6 guys waited.
-We chased, and caught the non-waiters.
-TOWSNBN hid, as per his m.o., then sprinted at the end.
-We're laughing AT you, not WITH you.

I woke up Saturday, and decided that a short-ish ride on the CX bike would be the best option. Junior Management was at the Lexington Office, so I had the chance to knock out a couple of house projects without interruption.
A quick ride out around Eastman, then back in on The PowerStation was the ticket. 2 hours, and I was back. The floor in the back room is now 100% again.
Sunday, I really had no urge to ride long, and a construction project was looming, so I did the same ride as Saturday. It was WAY hotter yesterday. The heat was just rolling off the pavement out at the end of 12th St.
On the dirt, and in the shade, it was almost pleasant. Almost. It was still toasty...
No matter. I felt pretty good, and the dirt is in good nick, so the power went down.
Be glad I don't participate in Strava shenanigans, as the KoM on The PowerStation would now be solidly mine.
The KoM is 8:10. I went 7:52 yesterday, INCLUDING a dismount/run/re-mount thru the washout, and a trip into the ditch to get around a downed tree. And to be honest...and I mean perfectly honest...I could have gone harder. I figure I lost 20-25 seconds with the two obstacles. Ruminate on that....
There's a minute lurking in that 8:10 KoM...easy...
Once back, 65 feet of 4x4x8 lumber was put down, and plated together, to form the new walkway down to Service Course. It's cool...it was only 93 degrees in the shade.
I'm stiff this morning. The whole mid-40s thing is over-rated. Where's the Aleve?

Froome won Dauphine yesterday. Funny how Senor Elbows has NO form all year, goes to Tenerife to train "at altitude", comes back and wins the Tour tune up race. Hmmm...curious...
Tejay finished second, then had a good cry...
Speaking of Froome, does he remind anyone else of the "coffee aliens" from 'Men in Black'?

Mmmmm...Moser....

 Max tubed custom with Campag, Enve, and Rotor? 56.5cm TT please...
And it's a real shame Norco can't be had here. That's a tasty looking rig...except for the FSA cranks. Of course, I DO know a guy that could get me one. Sometimes, it's good to know a Canadian or two...

LOOK? I'm LOOKing! So much to LOOK at....

It's Monday. It's supposed to be 101F today. I'm staying inside.






No comments: