07 June 2015

And so it ends...

I put The Beast in the breeze yesterday a little after 7am. 644 miles, and 8:55 later, I pulled back into Service Course.
That drive has become far more mentally taxing than physical. Driver's tests should really be much harder, and the penalties for using a mobile device while driving should be on par with drunk driving. There were two VERY near misses on the road yesterday. Both would have collected me, and untold other cars. Both were due to the driver using a mobile device while trying to negotiate traffic.
Other than that, it was pretty uneventful...
The Beast like to have the cruise set at about 80mph. It just stretches it's legs, and runs. Hell, between Charlotte, and Service Course, the flow of traffic was WELL over 80. I was getting getting passed like an old man with his blinker on...
I may have slept for 11 hours last night...

As I mentioned earlier, the loop I found up there is fairly brilliant. Just about a perfect loop. There are myriad ways to make it longer, shorter, or add climbing. Unfortunately, making it flatter isn't an option. A flat ride just ain't happening up there.
And the scenery is above average...
Lots of restored mid-19th century farmhouses. (This one's for sale...)
 See that ridgeline? Yeah...I climbed over (and back) more than once last week.
Empty farm roads
And, I must say, for all of the aggro that flows through the veins of people that live in the Northeast, drivers were actually quite polite, patient, and conscientious.
I know!! I was shocked too!
I never got honked at, buzzed, nor yelled at. People waited until the road was clear...EVERY time. Hell, I had to make a left at a pretty major intersection (took a wrong turn), and a giant dumptruck blocked traffic so I could turn! It was bit a surreal...
It was a good week, but I'm glad to be home with The Boss, and Junior Management.
No ridey today. I'm tired, and REALLY need to go down to Servizio Corsa to clean the accumulated Yankee grime of the bike.

Wildlife sightings : Deer, cows, goats, rabbits, and more chipmunks than I think I've seen EVER. Oh, and one BIG rat snake.

Thanks to my hosts for putting up with me for the week. Sorry I broke the toilet...





No comments: