17 June 2015

Hhhhotttt!

At least it's a moist heat...
Instead of going out, and killing myself yesterday, only to come home and lay prostrate on my new grass. I chose a different path. Yes, I left with the VERY small group, but at the end of 12th. St., I headed for the relative coolness of The Powerstation.
I can say, with some degree of certainty, that it was 10-12-15 degrees cooler back under the canopy. Hell, in the low lying section, it almost felt cool. You know...if low-90s can be considered "cool".
12th. St. was a good time on 33c knobbies with 55psi. Did I mention the "big" ring on the CX bike is a 48? Yeah. It was work.
I may do the same thing on Thursday, if the heat index is 137 degrees again. Feel free to join me...

Eh...you have big happy 70th birstday Eddy!!
And I remind you, Merckx released 70 stainless, Columbus XCr tubed, bikes in honor of Eddy's 70th birthday. Well...69 bikes. Eddy got #1.
Only $17,500. I hear there are a few left...you know...in case you're looking for that perfect Father's Day gift for me.
Speaking of steel Merckx frames, a friend of mine picked this up over the weekend...
Telekom Merckx MAX. Farging bastidge!! He knows it's my white whale too. Just turn the blade...
Honestly, it had to be a hard find, as he has the body proportions of a shaved sasquatch. 63cm. Makes finding a 56 or 57cm seem easy. Seems I need to begin my search anew...

Another hot one today. I'll be escaping the heat by taking two members of Junior Management to see Jurassic World.
Rough gig...




No comments: