27 April 2015

That'll do...

Rainy Saturday? Nah...
A glance at the radar showed that the rain would stop, so I kitted up, and headed out in the remnants of the showers that passed through. By the time 12th St. was reached, the rain had stopped.
Out to the PowerStation we go...
To say the dirt/mud was heavy would be an understatement. Think riding through chunky peanut butter that's a couple of inches thick. 30-35 kmh is the normal pace on dry days. Saturday? 25kmh...and I WORKED for that pace.
And the bridge at the washout? GONE. Washed downstream. I THINK I could see it about 50m back into the woods, but then again, it could have been Bigfoot.
No matter. It was a good two hours on another Viking day.

Sunday? Polar opposite. Big sun, warm temps...a little breezy.
Out into LexCo, through the farms, South of Swansea, and home. 101km all told. We had a good group, and many smiles and laughs. You know...what a quality bike ride should be.
And we showed TVH one of the best roads out in the sticks. If I had the time, I'd ride it every day.
Once back to Service Course, much food and fluid was consumed. I rested, and sat on the front porch swing with my mom for a bit.
Around 3:30, Junior Management loaded up, and we went for another ride.
 All the way out to the end of The PowerStation, around all of the paved trails, then down to the end of Old State. On the way back to the dirt and trails, #2 was following #1, but felt that #1 wasn't quite taking a hard enough pull, so he swung out and punched it. #1 hung on for a moment...maybe 100m, but then the elastic snapped...
Serious boy is serious when laying down the hurt on his brother!! #1 said he let #2 go, but I was there. Yo homie...you got DROPPED! And I can tell you, #2 was putting down watts. He stayed between 27-30kmh for the entire way. On a knobby-tired 24" wheel bike!!
I was impressed.
We looped the trails one more time, and headed home. Another 1:15 in the bag. Another 22.5km. They rode farther than a lot of people yesterday. And it rained on us. Did they want to stop, and go home? Nope! We kept riding...
I ended the day with 123km. Sleep came easy last night.
And thank Dog I have a chiro appointment today. I am crookED.

Last 10km of LBL-


We were out riding when it ended, so I missed the hand-wringing, and righteous indignation that came with Valverde's win. Just as well...I like the guy. I like the way he rides. If you don't, it's a YOU issue.

And Cav won Stage 1 of the Tour of Turkey...


He should have been relegated, as he turned left like Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the sprint.

This would probably be fun to squirt around town on...

Ok...it's 10am...I guess I should get my day started...
Don't hate...


No comments: