20 April 2015

Of course...

So, the weather was largely garbage all weekend. Oh well...
Belgian The F Up!

After soccer Saturday, I threw a leg over the CX bike, and headed out. Never got wet, but the humidity was somewhere in the "Southeast Asia" range. Didn't feel too bad when rolling, but when I stopped for a "break naturel", it became oppressive. Might as well have rained. Couldn't have been much wetter...
It's very green out in the country these days.
Once out of The PowerStation, I rolled through the river trail. The river was definitely on it's way up, and after the rain yesterday, it's expected to be at/over flood stage this week.
I was almost at the end when I started bouncing...DAMMIT!
One of those 2.5mm pieces of wire got me. Thanks to the SC rednecks who drive their cars until the tires are bald, and blow out.
Quick change, and I was headed to Service Course.
Sunday started with rain, some Premier League, and Amstel Gold. The radar said the rain was going to stop, so the kit went on, and the CX bike got pulled out again.
The rain stopped...for a minute. Once I got out, it fired back up. Of course.
Meh...big deal. 70 degrees and rain? Just about perfect. The PowerStation was WET. The fender on the back did little.
Not a day for Columbus riders. Only Vikings.
A tick over 2 hours flew by. Twas a good ride...
And, OF COURSE, it's Monday, and the sun is out...

Speaking of Amstel Gold...

Full Race (in Russian?)


Last 10km (in English)


Tro Bro Leon was yesterday as well...
Can't find a replay...yet...
Here's some onboard footage from Jeremy Roy though...


Looks like fun. My kind of thing...

Guess I'll head down to Service Course and throw the "mountains" cassette on the Ridley. And pull #2's new bike up to the house so he can have it when he gets home from school.

That's my day. Rough, I know...




No comments: