02 June 2014

The Weekend that was...


It was kid free, so there's that...
Saturday met me with cloudy skies, and wet roads.  Seeing that I'd ridden 415km the week before, I felt ZERO guilt not getting on my clean, white bike.
And who's idea was it to let a person with OCD have a white bike?  That shit is just mean...
Anyway, The Boss wanted to go to Charleston, so we hit the road bright and early.

Nothing like walking around the outlets...in the rain...while carrying bag upon bag...to really destroy one's back and legs.  I thought she wanted me to go for the company.  Nope, she needed a pack animal...
I did get a couple of cool things at the Oakley Vault Store though.  Other than that, it was just a Saturday.

Sunday morning was beautiful, if not a bit breezy.  And if it's breezy at Service Course, it means the wind will be HOWLING out in the country...and it was.
We rolled out into LexCo, and hit a couple of roads we'd never been down before. 
 Yes, this part was a bit of a false flat...
...and once out of the trees, things got all "Summer in Belgium".  Furrowed fields, and a ripping crosswind. I felt like I was tacking into the wind to keep traveling straight...and I was...
Both roads led to Swansea Hwy., and thus, into Swansea. A quick stop, and then battling the wind home.
Staying in the trees, and largely in the valley, keep the winds manageable.
It wasn't a hard ride, but it was damn steady.  And the fact I felt like hot garbage from the day before didn't help things.
Once I'd split off from TVH, the PCU went into "limp mode".  I got home without cracking, but barely.
It was a good 107km either way.  Big sun, big fun!  So nice out there...


Quintana won the Giro...outright.  Don't buy into the whinging from Pat Lefevre.  Yes, it's still going on...and NO, I'm not hotlinking it.  Quintana won, even w/o his so-called "attack" on the descent of the Gavia.  He still took enough time out of Uran to win the race.
Seems like ol' Pat isn't good at maths.
And they finished on the Zoncolon on Saturday.  Ouchies...



All that is available is "Official Highlights" as the Giro has locked down all media, thus earning themselves many, many fans.

Speaking of TVH, he has a pair of thrice worn Sidi Wire Vent Carbon shoes for sale.  White Vernice (the shiny ones...).  Size 45.
He says there's too much room in the forefoot for his liking, and they are definitely bigger than his other size 45 Sidi road shoes. If size 45 Sidis have been tight on you in the past, these might be the kicks that are needed.  Full metal retail is $499, and they can be found for $359-379 on the intarwebs.  Buy these for less!!  Send me a note if interested...

And with that, we've run up on lunchtime.  It's 80 degrees and the humidity is low.  Take your sammich outside.





No comments: