30 June 2014

Been a few...

Sorry...rest week beckoned.  It was kind of nice not to look at the bike for the better part of a week. 
I did ride Thursday night, but put little, to no effort into the pedals.  It was hot, and I had just begun to feel human again.
It was good to just roll around...

Saturday was back to business.
2.5 hours on the CX bike out thru the Powerstation, around Eastman, and back in through town.
 Getting pretty green out in the woods...
 Looks smooth, right?  Yeah, it was about 4" deep...and I got chased by a little scrunt dog who'd obviously just given birth.  Fortunately, her teets weighed her down in the sand.
The trusted steed.
And a special shout-out (or fuck you) goes out to the Hybrid Toyota Highlander driving douche that yelled at me on Gervais for controlling the lane...you know, for my own safety?
Yeah, bet he's glad he screamed like a scorned 7th grade girl, only to have me roll up on him down in 5 Points.  All of his histrionics surely got him there more quickly...or at the exact same time as the guy on the bike.
Wanker...
A few of us met Sunday for a nice, 90-ish km roll out thru Swansea and back.  Temps were better, but the humidity was thick.  Didn't matter.  I was on the bike, with people who knew what they were doing.
And it's so terrible out there. Now I know why people just ride loops of the Fort...
Poor Roxy drew the "Cracked" card Sunday.  She started to come apart near the airport, so we slowed up, and stayed together on the run in. 

Good weekend on the bike any way it's sliced.

Now I get to go to the dentist, and get a broken filling repaired/replaced.  Oh joy...
It did get me out of Jury Duty though...so there's that...

Not much else going on, except for the pure schadenfreude I feel this morning towards the Omega Pharma-QuickStep team.  Seems there's a little dissention in the ranks...
Steegmans is complaining...BooHooHooNan is complaining...
Nice to see that they have a cohesive plan, especially a week out from the Tour.  Best funded team on the Planet, and they seem to be run by muppets.

Okay...time to go get my head drilled on...



No comments: