23 June 2014

Cracked

No, I wouldn't say it was a full-on bonk, but I did crack Sunday.  Fortunately, I'm smart enough to feel it coming, and I went into "limp mode" early, to protect myself.

We had a nice little group Sunday morning, and did a nice loop out across 176, into Calhoun, then across to Swansea.
I didn't feel great when I left Service Course, but hoped it would be one of those days that got better as I went along.
It was not.

Once rolling out of Swansea, I could feel the wheels starting to come off.  The speed and power, whatever of either there actually is, began to fade away.  I took a big dose of "Fuckitall", and slowed down. 
TVH, Charlie and I rolled home together, at what could be considered a leisurely pace.  Once across the river, TVH and I parted ways, and I rolled back to SC...slowly.  Just enough to keep the body temp under control, and the legs rolling. 
I got in the door, and drank a Coke immediately...then a Sierra Mist...then ate some M&Ms...then a liter of water.  All with about 15 minutes...
After a cool shower, a very large sandwich filled with Boar's Head turkey was consumed, accompanied by a half bag of veggie chips.

Some days you're the windshield.  Some days you're the bug.  I think we all know where this is going...

Then the family got home from a week at the beach. My week of solitude was over...ended with not a bang, but a decided whimper.

It was nice out in the country though...

 Cutting across the ridge line to Swansea...
 ...and now coming OFF the ridge line...
 Hmmm...these roads need investigation.
The cotton fields are less cottony than usual.
And this is where I felt the knock coming. No more pictures were even attempted after this. 
Thank ___________ that the mean-ass German Shepard wasn't out, b/c I would have been 180 pounds of GSD chow.

 Found some pics from the finish of Het Nieuwsblad.  Guys look a bit shell-shocked. 
 One of two things needs to happen here. She needs a bit more ass, or a new pump that's easier to use...
And another from OHN.  Stijn has seen shit man...serious shit...

Hopefully my new chains will hit the door today so I can swap out my clicking and popping drivetrain on the Ridley.  New rings, new chain, new cassette.  Oh boy...

Time get the day rolling...at 10am.  The early bird can kiss my ass today...


No comments: