06 April 2014

Omega Pharma Missed Podium Step

First, let's just get this out of the way...



Spartacus!!!!  Did those guys really take him to the line?  Really?

Oh, and Fabi doesn't need a bottle opener!  He's obviously been to college...

Pretty damn brilliant finish to the race!  Too bad there were so many crashes, including one that has injured a spectator pretty badly.  Johan Van Summeren hit a group of folks standing on a traffic island.  He suffered some pretty haggard facial injuries, and the spectator is still in hospital in critical condition.
Bike racing is dangerous stuff...for everyone...

Oh, and here's proof that one just shouldn't be a triathlete...

Fun rides this weekend.
Saturday was nearly a perfect day, wind notwithstanding.  Everyone was having a no-chain-day until we turned on Congaree Church.  There's that headwind...
I still made it back to #2's futbol match @ noon with 85km in the bank.

TVH and I met at the Colonial Center this morning, on what can only be described as a day that could have been skipped.  Not for the ride, but for the general atmosphere.  55...cloudy...odd-ball wind blowing...
The decision to ride shorter was made.
Once back in the 'hood, I hit a brand-spanking-new hole, created by the peckerheads from the City Water Dept.  It seems they let the hydrant run to relieve pipe pressure.  No worries. It seems they may have left it on a bit too long though.
I rolled a corner that I've rolled 100s of times, and caught the edge with my rear wheel.  Scratch one Vittoria Open SC, and one latex tube.
I pulled off my shoes, shouldered the Noah, and walked the three blocks to the house.

Thanks Mayor Benjamin!  $40million is needed for a baseball stadium, and we can't improve infrastructure.  Oh, that's right, Steve-o can't get his fat fingers in that pie.  BTW, Steve, you owe my $75...

Oh, and I have a pair of these coming too.  #flourosohard




Tomorrow is Monday.  Get up and punch it square in the taint!







No comments: