05 March 2014

Why does my head hurt?

Oh yeah...it's that 40-ish degree temperature shift.
75 Sunday...35 yesterday and today.  Hello low pressure, nice to see you again...

And no, I didn't bother to ride last night.  After riding in short sleeves, and shorts on Sunday, I flatly refused to pull on all of the warm shit necessary to ride last night.  And as the weather is going to be crap until Saturday, it looks like a trainer ride or two is in order.

I've already ridden a lot of miles this year, and I'm normally a hard man of the North, but I'm just sort of sick of being cold and/or wet.

Colnago C60.  All "Star" shaped tubes, and Ernesto felt it was time to introduce yet ANOTHER BB standard.  Honestly, and I'm not trying to sound like a luddite here, nor one that frowns upon spending money of bike stuff, but if one is spending THAT much on a frameset, go custom.  Bespoke steel, Ti, or even carbon, will run you the same $, if not less.
I know people complained about the Trek Factory Racing kits, but I just don't see the issue.

Seems like a good idea...until all of the crap fro the chain ends up on your hands, arms, shirt, and face.  A long handled toilet brush, and a bucket of hot, soapy water is still the way to go.

For you Campy people...



FYI, this alone is the reason they are 3x the price of Shimano or KMC chains.  Enjoy...

PNW weather for the next few days, then big sun and warmth this weekend, and next week.  Stay inside for now...



No comments: