01 December 2013

3 of 4

Plan was to ride all four days of this four day weekend.  Batting .750 on that one.
As you read, Bristol and I did a Recon Ride Thursday.
Friday morning, a few of us met and did a big, lazy loop of Fort Jackson.  It's been a great while since I've ridden on post.  One loop later, and I'm good for another 6+ months.  Yeah, it's a good place to ride because the roads are good, traffic is low, and it's close to home, but JESUS is it boring. 
It may not be so for some, but after nearly 20 years of riding out there, once or twice a year is plenty for me.
That being said, it was a pleasant ride with a nice little group of friends.

 Hello Mr. Sherman....
 JB and Charlie...Kevin is hiding...camera shy....
Let's face it...it was picture perfect...

Saturday, it was cold, so I held out zero hope that anyone would kit up and ride.  I slept in a bit, and went Han Solo out to The PowerStation.  Oooof!  All of that rain, coupled tired legs meant the 2x20s felt Outstanding!  A spin down was in order so a new double track was followed. 
It led to a crossroads.  I knew where one trail went, so the path less traveled was chosen.

Huh...into the tree...where does this go?
I rode about a mile of this brilliant double track, and had the "what if I eat shit back here" moment.  You know the one.  The little adventurer pops up on your shoulder and says, "Yeah man, this is really cool, but if you crash, the hogs and vultures will pick your bones clean...."
I turned, and headed out.  Once I have a ride partner or two, the whole trail will be explored.  You listening Justin?
I was resplendent in my flouro though...
Looked like the Oregon/Oregon State game...

Upon my return to Service Course, the leaf cleaning operation began...for the 5th time this Fall/Winter. 
I love the shade the trees throw in Summer, but I could cut the bitches down come September. 
2 hours of riding, coupled with 2.5 hours of yardwork made kicked the shit out of me.
I awoke this morning with every intention of riding.
Nope...no thank you.  Not even pulling on a kit.  Batting .750!
Instead, I went and got an 8' Christmas tree, and made a Target run.  Big day...

Carolina/Clemson?  Yeah, 5 in a row...thank you very much...

Wonder if Dabo feels like this...




Know these guys?  Remember the WC race?  You know what I'm gonna say next...
Little Jan was so cute...

Boonen and Friends CX from 30 Nov...



Ok...time for a nap...

Gonna be warm all week...go outside and play!






No comments: