04 October 2013

RIP

As most likely know by now, Amy Dombroski was fatally injured while training in Belgium yesterday. 
She was killed while motorpacing when she, and her moto driver, were struck by a truck. 
She became a terrible statistic at the tender age of 26. 
This happens far too much to cyclists.  It weighs heavy.  I know it did for me last night.  I did not know Amy, but it doesn't matter. 
Amy is us...
I really don't dwell on things when I ride, nor do I let the specter outpace me, but I can tell you, my little concussion-addled brain was racing last night as I soloed home, in the dark.
Ride like they don't see you my friends, 'cause they sure as hell aren't looking...

As for last night, it was a really fun ride.  A bit of a meandering loop, but it was a quality one, and should be remembered for future use.  Some new sections, and some thoughts on how to change the loop in the future to freshen it up.  Twas good...

 From the "Too Much Damn Money" file...
A custom Ti Seven step-thru city bike.  It's replete with discs, and Di2.  Shocked it doesn't have Enve wheels...

And I'm no Orbea fan, but this is pretty near OK with me...

...well, except for the DROP.  That makes my back, and testicles, hurt...

Enough for a Friday.  We'll get back to the inane frivolity soon...

No comments: