15 October 2013

Ahhh...crap....

Obviously no riding going on around here.  Kind of don't even want to right now.  The pain has changed.  The dagger-like, shooting pain has largely stopped, unless I decide to make a quick move.  Let's just say that all quick moves have been shelved for the indefinite future!
Sore and stiff, party of one...you table is available.

Sleeping sucks.  I'm no back sleeper, but there's no alternative.  I tossed and turned the first couple of nights.  Last night, I dropped two Flexeril down my gullet, and actually got somewhere around 28 of the needed 40 winks.  Of course, I woke up feeling like San Francisco...a bit foggy.

Doc says NO bikey for at least 10 days.  I'm good with that...

The end of 2013 Paris Tours...



Can someone puh-leeeeeze tell Farrar he's not a sprinter?

And a classic Paris Tours for you...



Tafi breaking hearts, and legs...

Uh, check the trail map, and don't ride over your head...



...as you may end up ON your head...or your buddy's head...

I think I posted this a while ago...
If I did, here it is again.  If not, you're welcome...

MCipollini RB1K IT from Mcipollini on Vimeo.

The OLD homestead, hidden in a valley.  Borderline perfect spot...
And I realized I took virtually NO photos of my ride compatriots on Saturday...

From the Old Madison Square Garden.  Style is just dripping out of this picture....

Wonder if I can affix lights to this thing, and come out to the Urban Ride?

And my friend Greg Howell got his Blue Triad stolen a couple of nights ago.  Right out of his garage...in the daylight hours...while he was eating...in the kitchen...on the other side of the door!!!
IM Florida is in 3 weeks, and he sort of needs his bike.
It had a rear 808 on it when it was lifted, not a disc, but the remainder of the setup is the same.  There are/were only TWO of these in South Carolina.
Keep your eyes peeled.  Greg found a stolen Niner not long ago, and it was returned to it's owner.  Let's do the same for Greg!!
If you see it, call the Law.  If possible, detain the thief until they arrive.  Or, hit the thief with a brick, and take the bike!


And to end, Justin and some other folks are meeting at Owens Field on Wednesday for a little CX practice.  I have the sads...
A least my barrier will get some use!  The game plan is to meet @ 6-ish for some drills, some trail riding, and some smiles.

Now get back to work...I have pain meds to take...




No comments: