30 October 2013

Do Not Stare Directly at the Light!

I told you!  A new setup was tried out last night, and it worked pretty well.  Pushing about 1500 lumens as shown above.  It was plenty.  For some odd reason, everyone wanted to ride beside me...
In other light related news, the new 1800 lumen light head is in transit.  If I choose to run the big light above, in tandem with the 1800 lumen head, and I will, the output will be a theoretical 2900 lumens.  In reality, counting for losses, and taking into account truth in advertising, it'll be 2400-ish at max.  Still enough to sear the corneas to the interior of one's skull.
Fun ride last night too!  Two traverses of the PowerStation, and a new loop around downtown gave us a bit over 2.5 hours. How was that trainer ride again?

Merckx is still cooler than you...

And don't forget, as some of you throw shade at L.A. for being a "doper", Eddy himself got popped for doping...TWICE.  And he's still the G.O.A.T.

 So.Much.Flouro.  And...I quite like this set up...

Yasujiro did a Tange Anniversary track frameset.  It's naked...and it's glorious.  The smooth brass, the heat signatures...

If the Vittoria Servizio Corse support car goes missing, odds are it's somewhere near my person...




Skyuka descent.  Little birds were talking about just how miserable Old Howard's Gap was  on the Gran Fondo loop last weekend.  I'm not gonna say 'I told you so...", but I will say that it had been mentioned in previous conversations.

Plans were to attend the WCXWC, but 'Boo at The Zoo' takes precedent.  And seeing as I can't really dismount and remount the CX bike at this point, it was just going to be riding around in circles anyway....

Enjoy your Wednesday...and remember, after lunch today, the week is on the downslope!

No comments: