23 October 2013

10 days on...

So, 10 days post auguring into Greenville County's finest roadside, grassy shoulder, I did a ride.
It seems there's been some grumbling among the cognescenti on the Urban Ride about the CX crew riding too fast, which is wholly ironic, considering we defer on EVERY ride.  Thus, instead, we split off and did our own thing...
9 of us looped greater Cola for the better part of two hours, including a traverse of Old State...in the dark.  It's much less scary with a group. 
I made the mistake of trying out a new light position, down on the skewer.  Not great.  Light is too low to fill in ripples and holes, so EVERYTHING looked like fucking chasm.  Too many shadows...
First time...last time.  Don't know what's not going to work unless it's tried...

Between riding over, doing the loop, and riding home, I got almost 3 hours on the bike last night.  I'll take it.
I also learned a few things.  I'm not healed.  Well, not completely.
I'm healed enough to ride steady, on flat-to-rolling terrain, but anything that involves getting out of the saddle isn't going to happen for a while.  Getting FULL, deep, lung full of air was challenging as well.  Maybe riding like this will be like training at altitude...?

Glad I went out though, as I feel better this morning.  I think the movement, and stretching, helped the healing process.
I rode with the Contour HD as well.  The first 5 minutes of the video looks really cool.  The rest looks like Blair Witch on bikes.

Yes, I would like a little drinky drink...

Rules 5 and 9 in play.  Hard is as hard does... (Forrest Merckx)

Max Merckx...painted up in 7-11 livery...(gonna need a moment...)

The route for the 2014 Tour was announced yesterday.  Less climbing...less TTs...MORE cobbles.  If you were listening closely during the presentation, you could hear Chris Froome's clavicle starting to fracture...

Bitter..Bitter...party of one, your table is ready...
That's a great way to start out a business venture Greg.  Take a dump on the very sport in which you are trying to make money.  When his Lemond/Time venture fails, and it will, how is going to spin it to blame Lance?  Oh, it'll happen...



He's a bit whingy in his AC360 interview, no?  Maybe he's anemic again.  Bet he knows where to get a B12 shot...

And with that, I bid you adieu...
Gotta go track down Halloween costumes for Junior Mgmt.



No comments: