08 May 2013

Long play...

So I'm pretty much (70%) over this sinus stuff.  Even so, I decided to skip the ride last night...
Glad that I did...for a few reasons...

-Around 2:45, #3 decided to eject out of the Jogger, while still holding my hand that was there to help him.  I didn't let go...neither did he.  I heard, and felt, a very disconcerting crack/pop emanate from his arm, followed by a whole lot of crying.  FUUUUUUUU....
After some pushing and prodding, much to his chagrin, the source of the pain was somewhere in his elbow. 
The feelings of guilt, and feelings that I have injured my sweet, cherubic 21 month old became a bit overwhelming.
I called the Boss, and called the Pediatrician.  Load up, and haul ass to the office...
Such is the beauty of being friends with your kid's Doctor.  One call, and in 15 minutes, you're in a room. 
Anyway, watching a toddler wander around, whimpering, with an arm that's just hanging there is wrenching.  I was starting to get emotional...
When the Doc looked at #3, he said things like this are common...common enough to have a name...Nursemaid's elbow.  Who knew?
The Boss held #3, and the Doc reduced the injury, thus putting the head of the radius back where it was designed to be.
Literally took 8 seconds.  5 minutes later, the midget was back to his normal happy self, using the arm as if nothing happened.
I still felt like shit...

-Second reason I'm glad I didn't ride was the fact that all of the commotion surrounding my abuse of #3 kind of took up the entirety of the late afternoon, and I ate or drank nothing.  I've done this before, and it led to disastrous results. 

-Third?  Even though it was sunny in the 'hood, the group got rained on.  My bike is clean. 

And the Long Play?  Mancation starts in about 17 days.  And Summer is long.  Better to rest, and heal, for the days to come.  Good sense and reason.  Me?  Again...who knew?

Giro Stage 4 highlights...



Another great stage.  Guys RACING their bikes thru some monsterously shit weather.  And DiLuca...
What a horse!!  I know he's a "doper"...blah...blah...blah...
He cooperated with the CONI investigation, served his penalty, and came back.  He's good with me. 
Dude attacked and stayed away until the last 400m...with style.  And the flouro kit?  so cool...

Enrico Battaglin won the day.  With a name like that, how could he not?

Someone...find me one of these for sale...PLEASE!!!

Happy travels to Dean and Alma, as they head out tomorrow on their cross-country trek.  See you in a few weeks my friend...

And with that...I must go.  A trip to Renick awaits...




No comments: