10 May 2013

Friday...

Junior Management reminded me this morning that they only have 10 days of school left.  Thanks guys!  You really know how to perk up your old dad!
Of course, that also means the time until Mancation is drawing near.  2 weeks from tomorrow actually...not that I'm watching the calendar...

Time to order some CX tires, and change out the 12/23 for something more hill friendly...

Last night's ride was, well...a ride.  I felt horrible.  Unable to regulate neither my breathing, nor my body temperature.  Freaking antibiotics are still coursing through my body.  I DID get rid of some STUFF however.

Still trying to get used to the new shoes and pedals too.  After years of riding the old shoe/pedal combo, the new setup just feels odd.  I can tell there's more stiffness is the shoes, and the new Keos hold me in better.  I guess I just need to ride it to get the old body tuned into the change...

Giro...

Cav won the sprint yesterday.  OPQS finally got a leadout right.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...



So fresh...too bad it's probably getting built up by some hipster DB.

And in case you haven't heard, the river has been really high for the last few days...

 See if you can spot the diversion dam...

 A whirlpool next to the Canal locks.  It was a little eerie.  Deep, and spinning fast.  Made a growling/sucking noise as it gulped air.

The Powerstation is completely underwater!!  End to end!!  I may venture out there on the CX bike tomorrow to check it out.  The water started to recede yesterday...

Probably no ride at the R tomorrow, as a lot of folks are doing the ride around the Lake.  It starts @ 0730, and is $40!  Enjoy yourselves...

Time to get the day going.  No food in the house that I can eat.  Earthfare, here I come...

No comments: