06 May 2013

Good Morning Vancouver...

First week of May.  Been raining for days on end.  Heat in the house just kicked on, again!  If I wanted to live in the PNW, I would have moved there. 
Not that I could have ridden anyway.  It seems like the Z has taken hold.  I'm feeling better by the day. 
Note to self : No more Claritin D after about 3 in the afternoon.  Now I understand why meth-heads stay up for days at a time.  The pseudoephidrine just JACKS me up.  I've slept for MAYBE 3 hours each of the last three nights. 
I truly feel sorry for the poor person that pisses me off today...

The Giro started Saturday, and Cav took out the first stage in true Robbie McEwen style.



No leadout was to be seen, other than that given by Orica-GreenEdge.  It sort of showed just how brilliant Cav's sprinting prowess is, and just how hapless OPQS is right now.  And who the F was directing the team Saturday? 
"OK guys, 20km to go.  Drill it on the front and wear yourselves out for the finish..."
The ghosts of Mapei are rattling their chains...

The TTT was on Ischia, so the teams had to load up on the ferry...


Crazy...

Sky made the vast majority of other teams look a bit...amateur-ish.  And doesn't Ischia look like a terrible, dirty, horrible place to visit?

Enough Giro talk...

 Wiggo's new Pina Bolide.  Just looks fast...

 Wha?  Who?  Where?  How much?  SCs are now available in 25c.  I will have a set headed to Service Course before the day is out. 

This kid is more Euro than you.  Oh, that's the top of the Koppenburg, if you were wondering...

I may throw a leg over this evening, if anyone is down for a short spin.  Shoot me a text...

I'll close with this...






Have a good Monday!

No comments: