21 March 2013

I Love Spring!

Yes, the pollen has been mentioned already on this very page.  I will mention again.  I HATE pollen.  I hate the fact that it makes everything look like it's covered in a fine meringue.  I hate that it makes my front porch slicker than whale shit on an ice floe.  And mostly, I hate the fact that my head feels like it weighs 17 pounds!
I just coughed up something that made an effort to crawl away upon being spat on the ground!
Not sick...not at all...not even close!  I feel fine.  Just...well...crusty...

I did not ride Tuesday, as I had to go to Lowe's and buy a new toilet.  There went my track bike money...down the shitter...LITERALLY!  I'll be installing the new throne at some point Saturday.  If anyone would like to come over to watch/learn/heckle, let me know...

Probably better that I didn't ride, as the group go harassed by some redneck asshole in a truck.  Not just any truck mind you, but the driver was in his WORK truck, with the business NAME and PHONE NUMBER clearly visible.

Yeah...emails have been sent, and phone calls made.  Feel free to join the fun, if you are so inclined.  Contact info is in the picture!

Now for the entertainment part of the program :

Merckx.  Hat backwards.  Hat crooked.  Bombing corners.  Profi....

You are correct sir.  Nice...

Dwars was yesterday.  Weather was bad.  Can we hope for the same @ Roubaix time?



A disc brake equipped tri bike?  Like tri dudes need stronger brakes.  Maybe it will just help them crash more quickly, instead of the crashes being long, protracted occurrences.

And from the "My friends are cooler than your friends" file...

My friend Mike (call sign "Felix") took this picture...from the seat of his F18...above the clouds...as the sun was setting...
Yeah...I'm maybe a little jealous...

Have a good weekend folks.  I'm gonna ride a bit, and work on Service Course.



No comments: