01 March 2013

March? Already?

Yep...it's March 1st!  And of course, it supposed to be cold this weekend.  Sweeeet....
Oh well...guess I'm Juan Solo again...

Oh...the 2013 edition of THIS is tomorrow.  It's called a semi-classic only because it's only been around since '07.  It'll be a monument soon enough!

2012 edition...



Everyone should ride a dirt road tomorrow...out of respect...I know I will!  Then again, I do on most rides...

Two pretty good night rides this week.  Nice to be back on the scandium horse.  Tuesday was uneventful...just rolling around with a couple of hills thrown in for good measure. 
Last night was the normal-ish loop.  It seems Ricky had a meeting with the bricks on The Horseshoe though.  Glad I'd turned for Service Course prior to this episode, as he's a big fella, and the bricks are OLD and unforgiving. 

Strade Bianche...I must go...

Speaking of, Challenge is offering a couple new "gravel" racing tires.  The ''Eroica" and the "Almanzo".  The Eroica looks like a super-fat road tire, which it is, and if it's like other Challenge tires, it's about as durable as bologna skin.  The Almanzo is little more that a narrow file tread cross tire.  At @ $75 at retail, Challenge is overly proud of both! 
One note if you choose to try out the Eroica...make sure it will fit in your frame!!!  30mm is FAT for chainstays. 
Me?  I'll stick with Vittoria on the road, and Clement LAS file treads on the CX bike. 

Enough babble.  I need to go have a serious conversation with the foam roller.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: