18 March 2013

Already?

So a few shorts days ago, it was cold, blustery, and seemed like Winter hadn't finished slapping us around.  I went outside this morning to a fine yellow dust covering The Beast.  Pollen?  Wha?  When?  Huh?

I wondered why I felt like I was breathing thru a straw, and my voice had dropped an octave.  Shit.  IS.  In.  My.  Lungs....

And whoever had the bright idea to plant the approximately 73 Billion Bradford Pear trees years ago...well...I think you know where I'm going with this...

Milan-San Remo was yesterday.  Everyone pretty much knows that the weather turned from Italy in Springtime to Norway in Winter, so we'll skip that part. 

Looks fun though, huh?  I've gotten caught in weather like that before.  I can tell you, it isn't fun, at all!  Griepel said that he and some others felt like circus animals for being forced to race in the weather yesterday.  Well, Andre, you had a choice.  Climb off, and get in the car, or ride your bike and make your 700k Euros salary. 
Dance monkey, DANCE!!!

Here's the only part of the race that one really needs to watch...



Best 10km of racing I've seen in a long time...

Here?  yeah, it was warm and sunny.  We rode in shorts and jerseys. 

Saturday was fun and jovial...until we turned right in Eastover to head home.  Nothing quite like doing the last 1:45 of a ride into a 20+ mph headwind.  We still ended up with 100km in a few ticks over 3 hours. 
Pro-tip : OUT in the headwind.  BACK with the tail!!!

 Cal, in happier times...before the spoke breakage...

 It was terrible Saturday morning...

Um...sure...we'll stay out.  Scary...

Sunday we rolled out for a short(er) ride out into LexCo.  Only 70km passed under wheels, but it was enough.  At least our little band of merry men was smart enough to take the aforementioned "Pro-Tip" to heart.  The last bit of the ride was almost pleasant with a 20+ mph tailwind. 

 The dirt has been turned in LexCo...guess that means Spring is here, just in case anyone missed the pollen.
Wore the new QCC kit yesterday.  Bibs are great...perfect fit.  Jersey...not so much.  It seems Champion System may have a bit of am issue with QC at the factory.  I ordered the same size as my other CS jerseys, and the size that seemed correct out of the fit samples that were provided.  All good, right?  Nope.  What arrived is dramatically larger than anticipated.  the word "blouse-y" comes to mind.  No worries.  The path of the PRO will be taken, and the jerseys will be custom tailored...more out of necessity than vanity.  Which reminds me...
Gotta jet...the trip to the tailor shop awaits...

Hope everyone got on the bike over the weekend!  Have a good Monday!

No comments: