24 March 2013

Break's over...

In more than one sense of the term...

I rode this morning for the first time in a week.  After 4 straight weeks of double digit hours on the bike, I was feeling a bit beaten up, so I took a few, or 6, days off the bike.  Slept a lot, stretched a lot, and let my aging 43 year old body have some time to itself.
I feel better for it...

Yesterday was a day that allowed me to add PLUMBER to my C.V., as I removed the old toilet, and installed the new one, including a bit of re-plumbing, which was pretty simple.  Like my grandfather always said, there are only two things you need to know to be a plumber.  Shit runs downhill, and payday is Friday.
Let's be honest though, if one cannot figure out simple plumbing, one shouldn't one hand tools...of any kind.
My non-riding Saturday DID make the legs and back a bit sore however.  There's a lot of bending and stooping involved in toilet installation.  The hammies are barking today!

This morning, a decision was to be made.  Rule 5 outside, in 45 degree rain, or ride the turbo in Service Course...where it was dry, 60 degrees, and there was a 32" TV.  I chose option two.  Don't judge...
90 minutes passed quickly, including 3x15 at something resembling a level of effort.  As I decry the use of power units, and HRMs, I'm guessing each 15 was somewhere around 85-88%.  It stung, but never got near the mouth of the PainCave, which was just what was needed after 6 days off.  AND I got to watch Gent-Wevelgem on the Samsung Galaxy Tablet, so it was all good. 

Speaking of...

Here's the last 4km, which is all you really need to see...



Again, Sagan shows that he's a full grown man.  And OPQS shows that they just aren't the same unit as years past.  Riding "cleaner" perhaps?  I'm betting they'll find some "form" in the next week...
 Then again, Boonen crashed ALONE today, and has a "contusion" of his knee.  

Yeah, this happened too...

Sagan rode a wheelie across the line.  Play on ...

And on the subject of full grown men, Fabi crushed skulls at Harelbeke mid-week.  Shades of the old Spartacus...



OPQS and Boonen collectively poo'ed themselves.  And Sagan learned a lesson that he used well today @ GW. 

And finally, The Rev posted this today.  Believe in what you want to believe in, but ask yourself this. question...

If this isn't a spot to stop and say a word to the Deity of your choice, does such a spot exist?



The Sun will return tomorrow...of course...

Now it's time to set up the new Keos with new cleats, on the new-ish shoes...

Deuces...

No comments: