15 March 2013

Well, that's not good...

Let's preface what is to follow...

The weather around here is pretty damn good if you're into playing outside.  The problem is the fact that the temps can swing wildly, and weather systems blow through our little neck of the woods on a seemingly daily basis.  Thus, there can be wild fluctuations in barometric pressures, wind speeds/directions, and airborne allergens. 
No big deal you say?  Well, no, if you don't have sinus/allergy issues.  Me?  I Have the aforementioned issues...along with many others, but that's neither here, nor there...

It had been warm for a few days through the middle of the week, then yesterday crept up.  54 degrees, breezy...low front blowing through town.  Head = Football.  Just felt sort of puny all day...

Did I stay home from the ride?  Nooooooo!  That would make too much sense! 

Here's were we get to the meat of the story.

Pro-Tip:



If you have embro on your legs, and the band of your shorts needs to be adjusted, leave that shit alone!
I reached down an adjusted the band on my shorts at some point early in the ride last night, as it was riding up a bit.  It seems some of the Mad Alchemy medium embro got on my fingers. 
Immediately after the adjustment, I reached up to blow a snot rocket.  And of course, you always wipe a little after evacuating, so the lips got involved too.

Is everyone following where the bouncing ball is going on this one?

About 3 minutes later, my face exploded in pain.  I thought someone had set me on fire.    Nose ran like a broken water main, lips may have actually fallen off at some point, and somehow, I got it in my right eye. 
Between not feeling altogether chipper, the speed of the ride, and embro eating the flesh on my face, one can imagine how well the rest of the ride went.  After running down 302 @ 40-50kmh, and then have DBarry pull us UP the underpass climb at the airport @ 40kmh, I threw in the towel.  
I felt like I got punched in the face by Johnny Storm.  
From this point, rolling back to the house seemed like a good idea.  Until I got in the shower.  Fuck water-boarding...electrodes to the testicles...being threatened by trained military K9s!  Smear some embro on enemy combatants faces, then spray them with hot water.  They'll talk....

Someone commented that at lest I didn't get any on my junk.  To be honest, if a trade had been available, I'd have taken it.

This morning, my eye is crusty, at best, my nose is sore, and my lips have taken on a Frank Burns appearance. 

On a positive note, I seem to have blown out most of the gunk in my head.  I would not, however, recommend the above as a course of treatment.

Now I get to go down to Service Course and clean the bike.  It's a mess.  I'm not proud...

Apologies to those who were near me on the ride last night.  It won't happen again...

Here's some Victoria Pendleton for your Friday...






It's gonna be warm and sunny this weekend.  Go outside and play!

No comments: