10 February 2012

My neck, my back...well, just my neck...

I won't complain about getting old because, well...I'm not OLD, per se...

I will say though, that getting old(er) is a bitch. I feel good, am relatively healthy and fit, but how in the World do I tweak my neck by packing up my 6 year old's backpack? I mean JESUS!!!
I did nothing more but reach for the little fella's school folder. 3 to 5 seconds later, I couldn't move my head up, down, or to the right! Left was no issue however.
Needless to say, much of my day yesterday was spent on the floor, trying to roll out the knot in my trap, and stretch my neck.
Did it stop me from riding last night? Hells no! Rule #5 bitches! It's not until you ride with limited ability to turn your head that you realize just how MUCH you move your melon on a ride.
The 2+ hours on the bike actually helped though. The pain has largely subsided this morning, but my neck and shoulders are stiff this morning.

As for the ride, it was big fun. Different route out into WeCola. We had a dozen or so in the "A" group, but maybe 4 of us did any work. No bother though, it's still big fun riding with a bunch of guys who actually enjoy riding their bikes! Well, Dennis didn't really enjoy last night. The Gremlins seemed to be after his rear wheel. He was the unfortunate recipient of a flat, tubeless 29er tire. About 20 minutes later, a loud POP came from his rear Easton wheel. Yep, you guessed it...broken spoke. Sometimes, the Gods send you a message to put in the breeze, and take it back to the house...

If you look up 'pretentious' in the dictionary, this photo might just accompany to definition. Sachs AND Rouleur magazine...in one picture? My head assplode! All they needed to add was a Rapha wool hat, and the trifecta would have been complete.

You ride your mountain bike...I'll ride my cross bike...

The Greg Edit from Bikeparks.co.za on Vimeo.

And Cav hit the ground a TON in Qatar this morning. Give him all the stick you want, but he showed class and cojones by getting up to finish! Most of us would have waited for the Waaah-mbulance had we hit the deck at 65kmh!




Yeah, the temps are falling this weekend...way down into the 40s!
Saturday @ 0900 from Brennen
Sunday @ 0900 from Five Points

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Junk said...

Sorry, dude, I'm hitting the woods for a few four hours on Saturday. Harbison at 8.

MM said...

No worries. Enjoy the ride. I'd join, but alas, I have no MTB.