13 August 2011

Riding bikes is fun!


Thursday, I did the WeCola ride, even though the weather looked threatening. I guess the spectre of getting a bit wet kept a majority of the group at home. Nonetheless, we still rolled out with 25+.
I did a little bit of Frankenstein-ing to the Jericho, both as an exercise in quelling a bit of boredom, and an honest effort to evaluate how the Foco-tubed steel frame rode with the deep carbon hoops. After the ride, I can say with some certainty that my next frame will be steel. The ride was sublime. Butter on a bald monkey smooth. Love...
Good ride too. The goal was to ride with a little pace for about 30 minutes, then spin home. The first part worked out fine, as did the second. As I was turning onto Blossom to cross the river, a LARGE bolt of lightning hit very close. So much for spinning home...
I walked in the door about 7 minutes before the first drops of the FOUR inches of rain we received, fell.
Friday, CR and I spun for about 90 minutes...another enjoyable ride.
This morning, CR and I went into LexCo and did a completely different and new loop that included a couple of new roads. Good stuff packed into 80km. We also located some excellent sections for a dirt/cx ride this winter. Details will come when I scout the roads in my truck. Invitations will be sent...

Tmrw, JB and I will be hitting some LexCo dirt.

That will make 6 days on the bike(s) this week, and should put me somewhere North of 320km. That's 200 miles in old money, and that hasn't happened since, oh, JUNE!

This is a sample of the horrible traffic that some think exists out in LexCo. Terrible, just terrible...



No comments: