10 August 2011

Mid-week check-in

So yesterday, I decided to run MyTracks during an interval. It really didn't change much, other than the knowledge that a little man in my pocket was tracking my every move.
The results? Like Monday, I pushed a a bit harder than I normally would have...


View 2011-08-09 09:40 in a larger map

No big deal you say. Not that fast you say. Well, take this into consideration...
It was done on a CX bike, pushing 33c tires with 50-55psi...and it was done on the finest Lexington County dirt, and included a section of soft doubletrack through the woods.
31:17 interval time. Click on the 'larger map' link for the GPS specifics...
I'll take it...

Personally, I like Cav. This Nike spot says it all. Naysayers will point out that he needs a leadout, or can't get over a hill, or gets chubby in the off-season. Blah...blah...blah...
20 TdF stage wins say a lot, and I don't remember seeing a leadout when he won MSR in 2009...
Others moan that he lacks panache. Really? Seeking out your teammates to thank them, immediately after winning, is class.

Maybe, as he gets older, he'll turn into a Museeuw type of rider. Johan started as a sprinter, and when his speed fell off, he became a Classics killer.
We can hope...




No comments: