10 February 2011

T-Minus

...12 days until surgery. It's a three-part affair that will, hopefully, alleviate the stomach/esophagus/throat issues I've suffered from for the past 2 years. As mentioned before, I'm having the TIF procedure, and they will also be fixing my hiatal hernia, as well as fracturing the problematic Schatzki's ring that has been hampering breathing, eating, sleeping...etc.

Thankfully, the WX looks like it will be pretty nice for the next week or so, ergo, I will be spending some quality time with my bicycles. As it stands, post-surgery, I will not be allowed to ride for a minimum of 7 days, and then only at a pedestrian pace for an undetermined time to follow. No matter, I'll gladly give up 3 or 4 weeks in order to solve the anatomic issue, and be well for the next 40 or so years!

During my convalescence, I figure I'll have time to devote to getting the house ready for a 'For Sale' sign. Spackling, caulking and painting shouldn't be too strenuous...shouldn't be...

Anyway...back on the horse tomorrow...


No comments: