27 February 2011

Back amomgst the living...almost...

2011 K-B-K Final 6 kilometers...



2011 Het Nieuwsblad
Part one



Part two



Didn't the weather just look lovely over there? And one ponders why Gorgeous George is punishing the locals in the Greenville Spring Series? Hmmm, 75 degrees and sunny in South Carolina, versus the 30s and wind in Belgium....not a hard choice to make at the end of one's career, eh?

As for your intrepid writer here, convalesing is hard work. I took two Oxycodones last night @ 830 and woke up this morning @ 0915. A pharma-induced sleep will, in fact, make you wake up stiff and sore. I'm guessing I didn't roll around much last night, as my neck is JACKED today. I'm getting better by small percentages every day. I'm beginning to run into the mind/body conundrum now, 5 days post-op. I'll have moments during my day where the mind says, "Hey Jackleg, let's go outside and play...". These moments are quickly followed by an hour of the sickest I've ever felt, and being forced to lie flat and shallow breathing. The body is winning at this point...

I did get out to Harbor Freight Tools this morning. I bought a digital gram scale to weigh parts before putting them on Ebay, as every time I list something, some dickface sends me a note to see what it weighs. Doesn't matter what it is...could be a fucking brick, yet people want to know. The wife reminded me that I now have controlled substances AND a scale in the house. 2/3 of the way to a felony!!!

Hopefully, the Helium will make an appearance next week and I can get to work on it. Seriously batting around the idea of putting SRAM on it...idle hands...idle hands....

No comments: