24 February 2011

And so it begins...

Now, I know we've already had so big pro races this season, but the TRUE season starts Saturday with Het Nieuwsblad (old Het Volk) on Saturday and Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne Sunday. I know where I'll be both mornings this weekend...

Of course, I have ZERO choice in the matter....

Surgery went as well as can be expected when you get three procedures rolled into one 2 hour session in the O.R.! The night after surgery was something out of a horror movie. Nothing gets your attention quite as much as vomiting up your own blood. Funny thing? I felt better after selling the family Buick.
I feel like a short bus has been backed through my esophagus, parked there for a while, and then towed out by a Zamboni. To say my upper GI tract is sore could be considered the understatement of the decade. Everything causes shooting pains. The only position that doesn't illicit little-girl-squeals is sitting upright at an approximate 60 degree angle. Thank whoever pulls the strings upstairs that I haven't sneezed...yet...

I've eaten nothing but Jello and applesauce, and warm tea. I would straight choke someone out for Five Guys.

Looks like ZERO bike for at least two weeks...and then only rolling around for a couple of weeks after that. No matter, as I don't have a road bike anyway. Maybe I'll find a SS townie bike in the next week....

Update over...time for a pain pill...

4 comments:

mathbach said...

wishes for a speedy recovery

MM said...

Thanks Math...

mikesibis said...

hope it's a quick recovery. buy the hampsten max. if you can fit a 58-59cm come to charleston and you can test mine. best bike i've ever ridden.

MM said...

Yeah...I just talked to a trusted advisor and I'm seriously batting around the idea of selling EVERYTHING in the ManHole(tm) and just starting over.

I don't know...

Thanks for the thoughts Mike!